About Me

My photo
GeorGeTown, PenanG, Malaysia
Ong Ghee Oon_Laukao_ A used to be not-so-confident guy, but not now!! Always want his best when decide to do something

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

__小人物大道理__

Well, before getting started with my post, let me make an introduction about my dad's job. Basically, he is a lorry driver with his own 4 wheels lorry. What he carries including the broken stones and cements when the house is under renovation, plaster boards which the construction worker used to make ceiling and divided, construction gears and equipments as well, sometime he does help his client to buy the construction materials from hardware shop and delivery to them. It is pretty hard for the first task I mentioned which he has to upload those stones and rubbish from the ground by demanding laborious effort to the lorry and carry them them to solid waste facility to unload them.

What I am going to discuss is the conversation during the trip I work with him. He greeted the incoming lorry driver with a friendly smile, before I could say anything. He said," I don't really recognize him, but it is my habit to greet the other lorry drivers, it is always good to maintain a good relationship with the others because you will never realise when they will help you out," he continue," Sometime , my lorry might get stuck in the mud, sometime, they can warn you that there are a road block ahead the way you are going and you can save a lot of trouble by just flashing them a smile occasionally... so why not???"

I kept silent, yea, of course what he said is right , but not everyone is willing to do that even they understand the reason behind it, sometime it is just too shy for giving a smile to a first time meet stranger, just like me!!! His ingenuous action does make me respect my dad even more. Everyone understand the theory of be nice, but not everyone can make it, but he is one of the 60 billion people who understand and capable in doing it.

Again, before I'm able to react, he add in,"Actually I'm the one who start doing it at the solid waste facility, and now everyone is doing it." end with a charming smile.

So what does it matter although some might view it as rubbish carrier? what does it matter although people might feel disgusted at the stinking smell of his, but so what??? With the stinking smell on the money, he is able to send his son to University with a current second upper CGPA. Proud of you , Dad : )