About Me

My photo
GeorGeTown, PenanG, Malaysia
Ong Ghee Oon_Laukao_ A used to be not-so-confident guy, but not now!! Always want his best when decide to do something

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

__Journal.6 STUDY__

Well, I would like to discuss about STUDY today... what is study to you ? Learn what the teacher or lecturers teach? And what is the motive of study to you? For your parent? For a brighter future? For the certificate? Or because everyone is doing it , so you just follow as a trend? All the question I'm asking here is jz the questions I ask myself yet i find no answer for that...

We study so much , yet after getting the tertiary education Certificate , hw much are we going to use , to apply in our life for what we have payed so much to learn (55k in for my course ), and hw much will still left in our mind when we graduate? And what is the point of paying so much money just to learn hw to put in the right value into the correct equation? And how many equations we will still remember ? And how they contribute to our later life? I doubt , and I confused...

Think about it , in the tertiary aeducation stage, UNDERSTANDING should be more important than getting a HIGH SCORE in exam , so , how many there are truly understand and remember all the stuff? I have a quite-not-bad CGPA , but if you ask me what is Laplace Transform , what is Principle Stress , what is the Brazing and Soldering , I cant answer you!!!! Even though i have learned it before and I scored the paper ...So i ask myself , what have you learned for this few years? I laugh myself , pathetic isn't it ???? Think again , tertiary education , what we learn are going to use in future ( Theoretically ), like hw to design a bolt , hw many laod it can sustain before it fail, where is the stress concentration point ( Mechanical Student ) .. if we truly understand it , we should score the paper right , if not , hw are we going to graduate as a MECHANICAL ENGINERING STUDENT & DESIGN A SIMPLE BOLT AND NUT? And why there so many ppl fail and so many ppl dunno what they have studied after passed the exam ? ( I'm one of them ) ... Look, I'm not here to blame the teaching and learning system nor the student who cant score the paper , but I just curiosand confused , in a Mechanical class which has 200++ students , hw many are truly learn SOMETHING from that ??? AND WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ???

Well , some say that it is jz a certificate , when we graduate and go out to work , probably we just use less than 10% from we have learned so far , then what is point of study ? Everything must serve their purpose right ? And in one Univerysity , hw many among thousands really learned something from their course???

And now , I truly agree with the saying ," Student should just focus on their study and only have the suitable amount of exercisefor an healthy life"

P.s If you're batman , dunt ever try to fly like a superman, you will fall and die!!!

No comments: